Mumbai - Mahindra Satyam, a leading global consulting, IT and Engineering services provider, today announced the second edition of 'Mahindra Satyam Young Engineer Award'. This announcement is in line with its persistent endeavor to identify, recognize and promote innovation and solution capabilities among engineering students in India. During the one-day Mechatronics workshop organized by Mahindra Satyam, which saw an active participation of industry experts and academia, it announced that the second edition of the award will consider Mechatronics as new category in addition to continuing last year's Aerospace Engineering category.
Mechatronics finds its application in products across wide range of industries. It makes the products more intelligent, efficient, safer and cost-effective. This is an opportunity for students to explore new technology domains and demonstrate their talent. The first edition in 2010 saw more than 300 students contest for the top slot in 'Aerospace Engineering' category.
"Expansion of the awards category is expected to enable us to tap into innovation capability in Mechatronics domain apart from Aerospace" said Karthikeyan Natarajan, Global Head and Senior Vice President, Integrated Engineering Solutions business at Mahindra Satyam. "We envision this initiative to help us identify collaborate and nurture the niche technology areas which have high applications potential in the industry", he added.
Engineering students pursuing final year Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or research students from any reputed engineering institute in India are eligible to apply for this award. The award winners are selected considering the depth of their understanding, application of new & innovative methods, technology or tools, industry oriented-practically feasible solution, analysis and interpretation. Total of INR 100,000 per award category will be distributed to winners and runners up.
For registration, nominations and evaluation procedure please visit:
Jul 20, 2011
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers