Speeds Creation and Rapid Detailing of Spaceships, Instrument Panels and Futuristic/Industrial Models.
Even in the analog era prior to the advent of affordable computer workstations, model making with pre-manufactured plastic kits of planes, cars and boats was a popular hobby. “Kitbashing” was the term used for the practice of creating one-of-a-kind models (often of elaborate spaceships) out of components taken from multiple commercial kits. Luxology®’s new Model Bashing Kit provides modo® users with a similar capability to quickly construct highly detailed virtual forms for science fiction or industrial visualization projects. The Model Bashing Kit is available immediately for users of modo 501 on the PC or Mac.
“We love spaceships and wanted to make it possible for any modo user to quickly create super technically detailed exteriors or interiors that are absolutely unique,” said Brad Peebler, president and co-founder of Luxology. “This is a must-have collection of modo building blocks that you can tear apart and join together to create intricate futuristic surfaces, and have a blast while doing it.”
The Model Bashing Kit was developed by Andy Brown of Luxology and contains specialized pre-built models and textures that are ideal for creating elaborate technical structures or realistic cockpits and instrument panels. In all, the Model Bashing Kit includes 230 mesh presets, 90 image maps and focused new tools for quickly arraying and adding details across a surface. The Kit also includes five training videos and two project tutorials that guide modo users through the creation of a cockpit and a spaceship conduit.
Luxology is also offering a new Spaceship Modeling Tutorial for those wanting a guided introduction to the process of creating a spaceship model from design drawings. This is a series of downloadable videos that provide step-by-step instruction in modeling a spaceship based on original artwork commissioned by James Robbins, a concept designer on Stargate for ten years. A portion of the video tutorials covers adding intricate surface detail via “model bashing” and is an excellent complement to the new Model Bashing Kit.
Pricing and Availability
The Model Bashing Kit is available now from Luxology and its worldwide network of authorized resellers for USD $99. The optional Spaceship Tutorial series contains five videos, sample files and a set of 2D concept drawings, and is priced at USD $35. Both products are designed for use with the modo 501 software. To learn more about the Model Bashing Kit, visit Luxology’s website at http://www.luxology.com/store/modelbashingkit .
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining