Dassault Système today announced that Dassault Systèmes’ DELMIA solutions are being used for product and process simulations at Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company. The DELMIA solutions are also a major software component of the new Lockheed Martin Collaborative Human Immersive Lab (CHIL) opened at the end of 2010.
The CHIL is an advanced technology virtual reality and simulation laboratory that offers a smarter, reduced cost, and lower risk opportunity in building space systems, including satellites, exploration spacecraft, launch vehicles and missile defense systems. The facility enables virtual creation before the physical creation to improve the affordability of the various products and associated processes, while fostering a culture of operational excellence.
Leveraging the CHIL, Lockheed Martin was able to optimize a new factory in Littleton, Colo., that will produce next-generation government satellites. Lockheed Martin used DELMIA digital manufacturing solutions to develop, simulate, and optimize the production process, saving valuable production time by analyzing and validating production processes and the satellite build sequence in the virtual world prior to the physical build.
“By leveraging software solutions at the inception of our satellite factory, we are able to leverage the CAD models with the various simulations to develop the future satellite processing work instructions,” said Jeff Smith, director, Special Projects, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company. “Our digital manufacturing capabilities are not only simulating the facilities here in Colorado, but are being used across several other programs to improve producibility, reduce rework and mitigate program risk.”
“Through virtual production and feasibility studies, Lockheed Martin has realized significant time savings. I am delighted that Dassault Systèmes is a part of this state of the art facility,” said Al Bunshaft, managing director, Americas, Dassault Systèmes.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel