GSHI makes new investment in AVEVA MARS solutions to optimise shipyard processes.
AVEVA, a leader in engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries, today announced a new customer win with GUANGXIN Shipbuilding & Heavy Industry Co. Ltd (GSHI) selecting AVEVA MARS, AVEVA’s enterprise resource management system.
GSHI, formerly ’GMG Shipbuilding & Heavy Industry’, is a Chinese-foreign joint venture specialising in the research and manufacture of offshore vessels and other special purpose ships, selected AVEVA MARS in a competitive tender. MARS, the dedicated solution that optimises project control, logistics, materials management, production, resources and planning, was specifically designed for shipyards. It will be implemented in GSHI’s Zhongshan City shipyard and the contract will see an initial 100 concurrent users.
AVEVA will work with GSHI to configure MARS into the business using proven methodologies, advanced software tools and open technology, ensuring the smooth integration into existing systems.
”By implementing AVEVA MARS we expect to see many benefits by integrating design, purchasing and production. This in turn will help us to reduce cost and accelerate our time to market. AVEVA has many references within Marine and shipbuilding, especially in China, and have a strong team. We are pleased to have such a good partner” said Mr Hong Xiong, Vice President at GSHI.
“We are delighted to welcome GSHI, a highly respected enterprise in China, as an AVEVA customer. AVEVA MARS was developed by shipbuilding experts who can fully support the shipyard process. We have local consultants with shipbuilding process management experience, ensuring GSHI are confident in their decision to choose AVEVA”, added Lars Riisberg, Vice President AVEVA MARS.
AVEVA MARS is a key element within the AVEVA’s Integrated Shipbuilding Strategy. You can learn more by downloading the business paper
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel