Gerber Scientific, Inc today announced the expiration of the 45-day “go shop” period pursuant to the terms of the previously announced merger agreement dated as of June 10, 2011 among the Company, Vector Knife Holdings (Cayman), Ltd. and Knife Merger Sub, Inc. (the “Merger Agreement”).
During the “go shop” process, the Company was permitted to initiate, solicit and encourage alternative acquisition proposals from third parties and provide non-public information to and enter into discussions or negotiations with third parties with respect to alternative acquisition proposals for a period of 45 calendar days continuing through July 25, 2011.
At the direction and under the supervision of the Company’s Board of Directors, RA Capital Advisors, LLC, financial advisor to the Company’s Board of Directors (“RA Capital”), conducted the “go shop” process on behalf of the Company. RA Capital engaged in an active and extensive solicitation of 36 parties that RA Capital advised the Company might be capable of and interested in pursuing a transaction with the Company, which resulted in three parties negotiating and entering into confidentiality agreements with the Company. Despite these efforts, the Company did not receive any alternative acquisition proposals during the 45-day “go shop” period.
The Board of Directors has scheduled a special meeting of the Company’s shareholders to consider and vote upon, among other things, a proposal to approve the Merger Agreement on August 18, 2011 at the Hilton Hartford Hotel, Hartford, Connecticut at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012