Gerber Scientific, Inc today announced the expiration of the 45-day “go shop” period pursuant to the terms of the previously announced merger agreement dated as of June 10, 2011 among the Company, Vector Knife Holdings (Cayman), Ltd. and Knife Merger Sub, Inc. (the “Merger Agreement”).
During the “go shop” process, the Company was permitted to initiate, solicit and encourage alternative acquisition proposals from third parties and provide non-public information to and enter into discussions or negotiations with third parties with respect to alternative acquisition proposals for a period of 45 calendar days continuing through July 25, 2011.
At the direction and under the supervision of the Company’s Board of Directors, RA Capital Advisors, LLC, financial advisor to the Company’s Board of Directors (“RA Capital”), conducted the “go shop” process on behalf of the Company. RA Capital engaged in an active and extensive solicitation of 36 parties that RA Capital advised the Company might be capable of and interested in pursuing a transaction with the Company, which resulted in three parties negotiating and entering into confidentiality agreements with the Company. Despite these efforts, the Company did not receive any alternative acquisition proposals during the 45-day “go shop” period.
The Board of Directors has scheduled a special meeting of the Company’s shareholders to consider and vote upon, among other things, a proposal to approve the Merger Agreement on August 18, 2011 at the Hilton Hartford Hotel, Hartford, Connecticut at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel