Industry Veteran Brings Experience and Creativity to Leading 3D Imaging Software Company.
Geomagic®, the leading provider of 3D software for creating digital models of physical objects, has appointed industry veteran, John Alpine, as its new Vice President of Engineering.
John comes to Geomagic after a 5-year term with Dassault Systemes, as VP of Product Development at Spatial, and VP of Platform and Partner Strategy at SolidWorks. Prior to that he was CTO at Proficiency and CoCreate, leading the R&D of direct modeling software which has recently been adopted by major CAD companies. His educational background includes a Masters degree in Computer Science from California State University, MA in Social Sciences at the University of Chicago, and Executive Management Development Program at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Ping Fu, CEO and president, Geomagic, says: “I am thrilled to have John joining the Geomagic executive team. His brilliant mind, deep industry knowledge, and passion for software platform are what we look for to lead Geomagic’s world-class talents. ”
Geomagic delivers solutions for creating digital models of physical objects from point cloud scans for reverse engineering and inspection. These automated tools allow the industry’s highest quality 3D output for downstream use in manufacturing, CAD, 3D printing, rapid prototyping, archival and entertainment. Geomagic Studio and Geomagic Qualify are the company’s flagship products for these key productivity tools in industry, arts and personal manufacturing.
“Plainly put, we can’t wait for John to become a part of the team,” said Tom Kurke, COO, Geomagic. “These are exciting times for us and John brings exactly what Geomagic needs at a time of accelerating and even revolutionary change in the market, and increased growth in the company.”
Geomagic will continue to build its leadership in the market for transforming scan data into high quality 3D models for use across many industries and applications including manufacturing, design, art, science and medical fields.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel