FM:Systems, a leading provider of integrated workplace management systems (IWMS) and computer-aided facility management (CAFM) software, today announced support for Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 and Autodesk Revit MEP 2012 software through an integration with its FM:Interact Workplace Management Suite. The integration lets FM:Interact customers use BIM (Building Information Modeling) data for facility management and operations.
“BIM is revolutionizing the way buildings are designed, built and operated. We are committed to bringing solutions to market that help ensure they are more efficient and sustainable,” said Jim Lynch, vice president, Autodesk Building Product Line Group. “We are excited to work with a strategic partner such as FM:Systems who shares our commitment.” FM:Systems offers a direct integration with Autodesk Revit products through the BIM Integration Component of FM:Interact, enabling users to connect BIM data from the design and construction phases of the building lifecycle to the facility management and operations phases. FM:Interact uses space information from BIM models and, with this accurate and detailed inventory of space, facilities professionals can better manage occupancy and reduce real estate costs.
FM:Interact’s integration with Autodesk’s Revit MEP enables maintenance professionals to collect essential information from BIM models on the mechanical, engineering and plumbing systems of a building. MEP model data provides an accurate equipment inventory for these systems and develop maintenance and inspection schedules. This information allows maintenance professionals to better track and maintain critical assets and reduce the lifecycle costs of the building.
“Getting data into maintenance systems has been a time-consuming, costly process,” said Marty Chobot, vice president of product management and strategic alliances for FM:Systems. “With our Revit integration, maintenance professionals can now use FM:Interact to quickly create an inventory of building equipment and even start planning maintenance before commissioning the new building.”
Jul 27, 2011
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel