Flow Science, Inc. announces the availability of a new release of its FLOW-3D computational fluid dynamics software. FLOW-3D version 10.0 is a major release that features fluid structure interaction and thermal stress evolution models that simulate and analyze the deformations of solid components and solidified fluid regions and resulting stresses in response to pressure forces and thermal gradients. The models use a combination of conforming finite-element and structured finite-difference meshes and have broad applications across industries.
Current users will experience a boost in speed with the implementation of SMP parallelization across the board for almost all models in FLOW-3D v10.0.
“Version 10 is one of the most important releases in the history of FLOW-3D. The code has advanced tremendously with the addition of the fluid structure interaction and thermal stress models, both of which give our users even more sophisticated and fundamental numerical modeling capabilities,” said Michael Barkhudarov, Flow Science’s Vice President of Research and Development.
Key models and improvements include:
Fluid Structure Interaction Model
Thermal Stress Evolution Model
Iron Solidification Model
Granular Flow Model
Surface Wave Generator Additions
Moisture Drying Model
Solid Solute Dissolution Model
Extended SMP Parallelization
Optional Materials Properties Database
Flow Science has commenced shipment of the new release to customers under maintenance contracts.
Flow Science, Inc. is a privately-held software company specializing in transient, free-surface CFD flow modeling software for industrial and scientific applications worldwide. Flow Science has distributors for FLOW-3D sales and support in nations throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia. Flow Science’s headquarters are located in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments