Latest release of noise and vibration simulation software includes new functionality for BSR and Aero-Vibro-Acoustics.
ESI Group has announced the release of VA One 2010.5. VA One is a complete solution for simulating noise and vibration across the full frequency range and seamlessly combines Finite Elements, Boundary Elements, and Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) in a single model. This new release includes functionality for modeling BSR (Buzz, Squeak and Rattle) and Aero-Vibro-Acoustics.
Buzz, Squeak and Rattle (BSR)
BSR is an acoustically perceived quality attribute that consistently ranks as one of the top “things gone wrong” for many new products. The VA One 2010.5 release includes unique functionality for efficiently predicting the loudness of BSR events that occur when a product is exposed to low frequency random noise and vibration. The new functionality is available to all existing VA One users and can be used to improve product quality and reduce the risk of warranty costs associated with product recalls.
Accurate characterization of interior noise due to exterior flow over a structure can be a challenging task. The VA One 2010.5 release simplifies this task with the introduction of new functionality for modeling complex fluctuating surface pressure loads using data from CFD calculations or wind tunnel/flight tests. This new functionality is ideally suited for characterizing complex sources at low, mid and high frequencies. The VA One 2010.5 release also includes Aero-Acoustics functionality for modeling the radiation and scattering of exterior flow noise using Boundary Elements and Fast Multipole Boundary Elements.
The VA One 2010.5 release contains around 70 additional performance and productivity enhancements across all modules.
"At Western Digital we are committed to designing quiet products for the management of digital information,” said Zakir Quabili, Principal Engineer at Western Digital. “VA One is an important tool in our noise and vibration design process.”
“We are pleased to announce the release of VA One 2010.5,” said Dr. Phil Shorter, Director of Vibro-Acoustic Product Operations at ESI Group. “The new methods for modeling BSR and Aero-Vibro-Acoustics in VA One 2010.5 are the result of a long term research program and ensure that our users have access to state of the art methods for vibro-acoustic analysis and design.”
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments