Docupoint™ announced the availability of its newest release of DrawingSearcher™ - 2011 (v21), the “Google®-like Search Engine for AutoCAD®”
DrawingSearcher 2011 (v21) is now more compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008, running as a 32-bit application, thus the server-based search-engine is even more secure than prior versions. As before, DrawingSearcher is compatible with AutoCAD 2011 and all prior versions of AutoCAD. These enhancements maintain DrawingSearcher’s reputation as an “industrial strength” document management tool. This latest release may be downloaded free for a 30-day trial at: www.docupoint.com/content.php?id=24
“One key feature of DrawingSearcher is that it is web-browser based, allowing ANY user within an organization to search and find AutoCAD drawings. Users do not even need AutoCAD on their computer to search and view AutoCAD drawings”, Bishop continues. “As a true document management tool, it makes it easy for companies and organizations to justify the purchase of DrawingSearcher”.
Originally launched in 1998, DrawingSearcher pioneered the use of full-text search and automatic DWF publishing in a fully integrated, web browser-based Search Engine application. DrawingSearcher is installed on a computer server behind a firewall. Automatically generated preview images then make it easy to identify the drawing(s) of interest from the search results via preview images that open a generated DWF file for viewing. DrawingSearcher’s SmartZoom™ feature allows users to “jump” around inside every drawing to see each instance of the search results, zoomed and centered appropriately. DrawingSearcher is available in two editions:
· Gold -- allows users to SEARCH AutoCAD drawings AND other related documents created on Microsoft Office software including Word/Excel/Powerpoint/etc. and Adobe PDF files and Scanned files stored in TIFF or CALS format, etc.
· Silver -- allows users to SEARCH only AutoCAD drawings.
Built around the Autodesk RealDWG engine, DrawingSearcher protects the user's investment in DWG files by leveraging the core technologies used by AutoCAD. Docupoint customers include such organizations as NASA, Canadian Broadcasting, Chevron, Citgo Petroleum, Kraft Foods, Transport Canada, Turner Broadcasting, Baxter Healthcare and Borax.
The DrawingSearcher 32-bit server application runs on Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP or Windows 2000/2003/2008 Servers. Client computers require Internet Explorer 6.0 (or higher) and the free Autodesk Design Review application for collaboration and mark-up. More information on DrawingSearcher is available from Docupoint's web site at www.docupoint.com, where we encourage AutoCAD users to experience the power of a modern, web-based approach to drawing collaboration by downloading the free, fully functional, 30-day trial version of DrawingSearcher. Users will quickly be able to install, configure and make initial use of DrawingSearcher on their own AutoCAD drawing files. A fully indexed on-line archive of thousands of drawing files can be expected in just a few hours.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel