Delcam will hold a series of seminars next month to update North American users of its PowerINSPECT inspection software on new developments in the latest releases. The seminars will be held at Sandvik in Schaumburg, Illinois, on 1st August, at Seco in Troy, Michigan, on 3rd August and at Sanvik in Mississauga, Ontario, on 5th August. To register, please go to www.delcam.com/NA-PowerINSPECT-Seminar.
PowerINSPECT Business Development Manager, Phil Hewitt, will attend all the events to demonstrate the new software and to collect users’ suggestions on future development priorities.
The new release of PowerINSPECT is the first that can be used on 64-bit computers. This will be of benefit for memory-intensive applications where large CAD files need to be manipulated, especially for very complex parts and multi-component assemblies.
Another key enhancement is the introduction of a "Quick Report” option, which makes the analysis of results even quicker and easier. The latest release also incorporates improvements to the visualisation and handling of point-cloud data, faster creation of automated inspection routines, full integration of DRO (Digital Read-Out) functionality, and easier reuse of measured data to inspect additional features, plus enhancements to the GD&T functionality.
The seminars will also detail PowerINSPECT’s support for the latest probing technology, such as Renishaw’s new PH20 probe. This allows measurements to be made across all probe angles, rather than simply the incremental angles offered previously. It also introduces the ability to make rapid ‘head touch’ moves, which use the rotary motion of the probe head to collect the points quickly and accurately, rather than moving the entire machine.
PowerINSPECT is firmly established as the world’s leading hardware-independent inspection software. It combines the ability to work with all types of inspection device with a comprehensive range of inspection routines for making simple measurements, for inspecting geometric features and for checking complex surfaces. The resulting reports present detailed information in easy-to-read formats that can be understood by all engineers, not just inspection specialists.
Jul 26, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel