Delcam, the world’s leading specialist supplier of CAM software, has acquired a 25% holding in Fabbify Software GmbH, a new, Bremen-based software development company specialising in additive manufacture.
The directors of Fabbify, Dipl.-Inf. Jaan Rudolph and Dipl.-Inf. Robert Weitzel, between them have 20 years experience developing software tools for users of additive manufacturing and performing contract development for additive machine builders. Delcam and Fabbify will work together to develop and promote solutions for the additive manufacturing market.
"We see great benefits in collaborating with established experts in this exciting area of technology,” explained Delcam’s Development Director, Steve Hobbs. "Delcam has been developing additive manufacturing solutions in a number of UK and European collaborative research projects. We believe that additive processes will increasingly be used for production parts alongside established machining techniques that are fully supported by Delcam’s CAM product range.”
"We are delighted to have Delcam as a partner in our business” says Fabbify’s Jaan Rudolph. "The combination of our experience with additive manufacture and Delcam’s established products and extensive distribution network will enable both companies to achieve far greater impact then either could by acting independently”.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers