Delcam, the world’s leading specialist supplier of CAM software, has acquired a 25% holding in Fabbify Software GmbH, a new, Bremen-based software development company specialising in additive manufacture.
The directors of Fabbify, Dipl.-Inf. Jaan Rudolph and Dipl.-Inf. Robert Weitzel, between them have 20 years experience developing software tools for users of additive manufacturing and performing contract development for additive machine builders. Delcam and Fabbify will work together to develop and promote solutions for the additive manufacturing market.
"We see great benefits in collaborating with established experts in this exciting area of technology,” explained Delcam’s Development Director, Steve Hobbs. "Delcam has been developing additive manufacturing solutions in a number of UK and European collaborative research projects. We believe that additive processes will increasingly be used for production parts alongside established machining techniques that are fully supported by Delcam’s CAM product range.”
"We are delighted to have Delcam as a partner in our business” says Fabbify’s Jaan Rudolph. "The combination of our experience with additive manufacture and Delcam’s established products and extensive distribution network will enable both companies to achieve far greater impact then either could by acting independently”.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets