Delcam, the world’s leading specialist supplier of CAM software, has acquired a 25% holding in Fabbify Software GmbH, a new, Bremen-based software development company specialising in additive manufacture.
The directors of Fabbify, Dipl.-Inf. Jaan Rudolph and Dipl.-Inf. Robert Weitzel, between them have 20 years experience developing software tools for users of additive manufacturing and performing contract development for additive machine builders. Delcam and Fabbify will work together to develop and promote solutions for the additive manufacturing market.
"We see great benefits in collaborating with established experts in this exciting area of technology,” explained Delcam’s Development Director, Steve Hobbs. "Delcam has been developing additive manufacturing solutions in a number of UK and European collaborative research projects. We believe that additive processes will increasingly be used for production parts alongside established machining techniques that are fully supported by Delcam’s CAM product range.”
"We are delighted to have Delcam as a partner in our business” says Fabbify’s Jaan Rudolph. "The combination of our experience with additive manufacture and Delcam’s established products and extensive distribution network will enable both companies to achieve far greater impact then either could by acting independently”.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel