CIMdata, the leading global Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) management consulting and research firm announces a new paper detailing the use of SpaceClaim Engineer as a tool to prepare CAD model geometry for finite element meshing prior to analysis.
“Overcoming the Barriers Imposed by Geometry” explores the issues that CAE analysts face due to the burden of poor quality and over-detailed geometric models in their attempts to produce timely simulation results. In order to properly mesh models for finite element analysis, topological inaccuracies such as surface gaps and small sliver surfaces in the geometry must first be corrected. The analyst must then simplify the model by de-featuring the geometricdetail by removing things such as small holes, slots, and rounds that design has added for final manufacturing.
This paper describes these time-consuming issues and relates the experiences of three different CAE analysts who have turned to SpaceClaim Engineer as a solution. According to Ken Versprille, Ph.D., CIMdata Executive Consultant, “To succeed in preparing geometry for finite element meshing, a product must be able to import the extensive range of CAD model formats commonly used in industry and offer an intuitive user interface that is easy to learn by non-CAD experts. SpaceClaim boasts a positive record in each case, as testified to by their customers.”
Dr. Versprille will participate in a SpaceClaim-sponsored webinar on this topic at 1:00pm Eastern US time on 14 September 2011. Further details will be announced at a future date.
“Overcoming the Barriers Imposed by Geometry” is available to be freely downloaded from CIMdata’s Publications web page.
Jul 27, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012