Autodesk software to help streamline design, construction and operation of manufacturing plants.
Autodesk, Inc and Bayer Technology Services GmbH, have signed a new enterprise agreement for the global use of Autodesk software. Using Autodesk software, Bayer, a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, nutrition and high-tech materials, will be able to implement a more streamlined process for the design, construction and operation of manufacturing plants worldwide.
“Competing in a global marketplace requires us to respond to customer demand as quickly as possible, and opening new or adapting existing manufacturing sites is essential to that,” said Juergen S. Kussi, head of Plant Layout & Piping of Bayer Technology Services. “Through this agreement, we will increase our use of Autodesk software across many projects, making it easier to more efficiently use information across projects and more rapidly react to changing market conditions.”
Bayer architects, engineers, designers, drafters and project managers now have greater access to a broad range of Autodesk solutions for Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Digital Prototyping, including the Autodesk Design Suite, Autodesk Building Design Suite, Autodesk Plant Design Suite and Autodesk Factory Design Suite.
“We are pleased that Bayer has selected Autodesk software to play a critical role in the design, construction and operation of the next generation of chemical and pharmaceutical plants,” said Mark Paraskeva, vice president, Autodesk Europe, Middle East and Africa. “Autodesk is continuing to work closely with global organizations like Bayer to optimize our customers’ investments in 3D design technology and help them achieve competitive advantage.”
BIM is an intelligent model–based process that provides insight for creating and managing building and infrastructure projects faster, more economically, and with less environmental impact. Digital Prototyping is a revolutionary approach to product development that enables more rapid and cost-effective design, visualization, and simulation.
Jul 14, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel