AVEVA (LSE:AVV), a leader in engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries, announced today it is the gold sponsor of Navalshore 2011 taking place at SulAmérica Convention Center, Rio de Janeiro 3-5 August.
Embracing the business lifecycle of the entire shipyard, AVEVA will demonstrate its Integrated Shipbuilding Strategy. It features a combination of AVEVA’s Engineering Design and Enterprise Solutions portfolio, including AVEVA Marine, AVEVA NET and AVEVA MARS, which are used extensively by 90% of the top 10 shipyards worldwide.
Outlined in a recently published business paper, AVEVA’s Integrated Shipbuilding Strategy explores how shipyards can optimise the design, procurement and production process through improved information management, shortening schedules, increasing productivity and driving down costs.
“Navalshore attracts some of the most important players in the Brazilian marine and naval industry”, said Santiago Pena, AVEVA's senior vice president of Latin America. “And we have a very compelling and comprehensive proposition for the shipbuilders and marine contractors that attend the show. Our solutions ensure that each shipyard function has the right information, materials and resources at the right time throughout the project lifecycle. This minimises project costs and delivery times while maximising overall productivity, profitability and competitive advantage”.
Navalshore is a Special-Focus Trade Fair, promoting high-level business encounters. It is visited by company presidents, directors, managers and specialists from shipyards, companies specialized in products and services for the shipbuilding industry, for tankers and bulk carriers, the long-haul shipping sector and port services.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting