PITTSBURGH - ANSYS, Inc today announced that the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission have issued early termination of the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) waiting period for ANSYS' proposed acquisition of Apache Design Solutions, Inc. ANSYS currently expects to close the acquisition in the third quarter of 2011.
As previously announced, ANSYS and Apache have entered into a definitive merger agreement in which ANSYS will acquire Apache for a purchase price of approximately $310 million in cash. Consummation of the transaction remains subject to customary closing conditions.
Apache Design Solutions, Inc., is the leading provider of innovative power analysis and optimization software solutions that enable the design of power-efficient, high-performance, noise-immune integrated circuits, or ICs, and electronic systems. Its solutions consist of a suite of software tools and methodologies that enable design engineers to reduce power consumption, ensure reliable delivery of power to ICs and electronic system components, and mitigate power-induced signal interference, or noise. Headquartered in San Jose, California, with locations throughout the world, Apache and its subsidiaries employ approximately 275 people.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets