PITTSBURGH - ANSYS, Inc today announced that the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission have issued early termination of the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) waiting period for ANSYS' proposed acquisition of Apache Design Solutions, Inc. ANSYS currently expects to close the acquisition in the third quarter of 2011.
As previously announced, ANSYS and Apache have entered into a definitive merger agreement in which ANSYS will acquire Apache for a purchase price of approximately $310 million in cash. Consummation of the transaction remains subject to customary closing conditions.
Apache Design Solutions, Inc., is the leading provider of innovative power analysis and optimization software solutions that enable the design of power-efficient, high-performance, noise-immune integrated circuits, or ICs, and electronic systems. Its solutions consist of a suite of software tools and methodologies that enable design engineers to reduce power consumption, ensure reliable delivery of power to ICs and electronic system components, and mitigate power-induced signal interference, or noise. Headquartered in San Jose, California, with locations throughout the world, Apache and its subsidiaries employ approximately 275 people.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments