Prominent strategist and technology visionary in business analytics brings marketing & product leadership to fast growing agile BI provider.
Alteryx, Inc., today announced that George Mathew has joined its executive team as president & chief operating officer, where he will initially be spearheading marketing, products & strategy. Mr. Mathew will report directly to Alteryx, Inc., chairman and CEO, Dean Stoecker.
"George's arrival signals our continued success in building out a world-class leadership team at Alteryx," explained Mr. Stoecker. "His broad experience in leading product management and market strategy at the world's largest Business Intelligence (BI) solution provider will accelerate our exponential growth while enjoying the highest customer success rate in the industry. We are very excited to have George on our team."
Boris Evelson, vice president & principal analyst at Forrester Research Inc., recently commented in his March 10, 2011 blog post entitled "Just Right" Customer Analytics about Alteryx, "Marketing and sales operations pros install the software, keep it up to date, design and build their apps. Then they run them and distribute the results to their colleagues."
"Alteryx has proven to be a significant leader in the evolving Agile BI market; I'm looking forward to guiding the company's phenomenal growth," said Mr. Mathew. "The end-to-end capability of Alteryx, along with its market-leading geospatial processing and industry analytics delivers a complete offering in a single-technology platform."
George Mathew brings over 16 years of experience in enterprise technology, software-as-a-service & e commerce. Most recently, Mr. Mathew was the group vice-president & general manager for BI at SAP BusinessObjects, the fastest growing business in SAP's diverse portfolio. Previously Mr. Mathew led the SAP BusinessObjects Explorer team introducing pervasive, in-memory analytics to the market. During the acquisition of Business Objects, Mr. Mathew managed portfolio strategy in SAP's Office of the CEO.
Prior to SAP, George was an early member of salesforce.com where he focused on technical account management, M&A, and field services. Early in his career, he was a founding member of Fort Point Partners, a management consultancy that delivered large-scale e commerce systems to leading consumer retail & financial services institutions. This intellectual capital eventually became the A/B testing & optimization product for Omniture (an Adobe company).
George holds a Bachelor of Science in Computational Biology from Cornell University and a Masters in Business Administration from Duke University, where he was a Fuqua Scholar.
Jul 22, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation