Cimetrix, Incorporated, a leading provider of factory automation and equipment control software solutions for the global semiconductor, photovoltaic, LED, and other electronics industries, announced ttoday that Alan Weber has joined Cimetrix in a senior-level position to support the next phase of customer-centric product development and growth.
The industries Cimetrix serves are fast changing and very competitive, with a need to look continually for ways to improve performance and reduce costs. Mr. Weber’s new role at Cimetrix will strengthen the Company’s capabilities of working in close partnership with customers to develop new products beyond the existing Cimetrix product portfolio of tool control and factory connectivity. These new products are expected to increase equipment productivity and improve process performance, which should result in increased software license revenue for the Company.
"With smaller design nodes and the looming change to 450mm wafers, Cimetrix sees many exciting opportunities for new products to serve our growing customer base," stated Dave Faulkner, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Cimetrix. "Alan brings a deep understanding of leading-edge customer requirements throughout the semiconductor value chain, so he is ideally suited to position Cimetrix’ future products to address key OEM needs and those of their customers. Alan will lead our plans to grow through new product development by working jointly with our customers. "
Mr. Weber has over 35 years of semiconductor industry experience ranging from design automation to manufacturing application development. Of particular note is that Mr. Weber pioneered the commercialization and application of advanced process control for the semiconductor industry. Prior to joining Cimetrix, he was president of Alan Weber and Associates, a consulting company specializing in semiconductor advanced process control (APC) and related mission-critical technologies. He was the vice president and general manager of KLA-Tencor’s Control Solutions Division. Prior to that, Mr. Weber was at ObjectSpace where he was responsible for all aspects of the company’s semiconductor manufacturing systems business. In addition, he spent 16 years at Texas Instruments, and eight years at SEMATECH, where he was responsible for R&D programs in factory systems architectures and industry standards strategies to support advanced manufacturing applications for wafer fabs. Mr. Weber has been on the Cimetrix Board of Directors since 2003. Alan holds Bachelors and Masters degrees in electrical engineering from Rice University.
Jul 27, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program