Dedicated to improving the way people interact with digital 3D content, 3Dconnexion today kicked off a new contest for designers everywhere – challenging them to create the “3D Mouse of the Future”. For the months of July, August and September, designers across the globe can submit their designs for a chance to win monthly prizes of 3Dconnexion SpacePilot PRO, SpaceExplorer and SpaceNavigator 3D mice, as well as a grand prize of a custom CAD workstation.
“Engineers and designers across the world in a range of industries use 3Dconnexion 3D mice to better understand their designs and improve their workflow,” said Antonio Pascucci, vice president of products, 3Dconnexion. “We initiated this challenge to give people the opportunity to show us their best creative thinking, whether they are using our devices day in and day out or not at all. We’re really excited to see what creative and innovative things the community can bring to the 3D mouse.”
To enter, designers and 3D enthusiasts are invited to create their 3D Mouse of the Future. The only element that must remain constant in each design is the integration of 3Dconnexion’s inherent controller cap. At the end of each month, a panel of judges will select their three favorite entries. The first place winner will receive a SpacePilot PRO 3D mouse, the second place winner a SpaceExplorer 3D mouse and the third place winner a SpaceNavigator 3D mouse.
The nine monthly prize winners plus a community wildcard (the entry with the most “Likes” on Facebook) will be entered into the final phase of the competition where a grand prize winner will be selected by a public vote. The grand prize winner will receive a custom workstation, up to a $5,000 value. More information about the 3Dconnexion design challenge and submission guidelines are available on 3Dconnexion’s website and Facebook page.
Jul 19, 2011
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel