3D Systems Corporation (NYSE: DDD) announced today that it acquired Alibre, Inc., a leading provider of affordable 3D design productivity solutions. Alibre delivers a powerful suite of full parametric CAD solutions that are easy to own and simple to use for makers and designers alike. Based in Richardson, Texas, USA, Alibre serves tens of thousands of businesses and individuals in over 50 countries.
“We are very proud and excited to join 3D Systems, a global leader with like-minded strategic direction,” said J. Paul Grayson, CEO of Alibre. “The power of 3D Systems technology, resources and global reach combined with our sustainable and scalable business model and affordable design productivity solutions is certain to make better design happen.”
“With Alibre in our portfolio we are personalizing and integrating design and manufacturing productivity,” said Abe Reichental, President and CEO of 3D Systems. “The combined affordability and user friendliness of our expanded 3D content-to-print solutions offer a clear and compelling choice for engineers, designers and makers to create and make instantly, at work and home.”
3D Systems plans to expand the breadth and reach of the Alibre design productivity tools and to leverage its combined global channels to deliver complete 3D design-to-manufacturing products, tools and services. The Company expects this acquisition to be immediately accretive to its net income and contribute favorably to its long-term target-operating model.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting