3D Systems Corporation (NYSE: DDD) announced today that it acquired Alibre, Inc., a leading provider of affordable 3D design productivity solutions. Alibre delivers a powerful suite of full parametric CAD solutions that are easy to own and simple to use for makers and designers alike. Based in Richardson, Texas, USA, Alibre serves tens of thousands of businesses and individuals in over 50 countries.
“We are very proud and excited to join 3D Systems, a global leader with like-minded strategic direction,” said J. Paul Grayson, CEO of Alibre. “The power of 3D Systems technology, resources and global reach combined with our sustainable and scalable business model and affordable design productivity solutions is certain to make better design happen.”
“With Alibre in our portfolio we are personalizing and integrating design and manufacturing productivity,” said Abe Reichental, President and CEO of 3D Systems. “The combined affordability and user friendliness of our expanded 3D content-to-print solutions offer a clear and compelling choice for engineers, designers and makers to create and make instantly, at work and home.”
3D Systems plans to expand the breadth and reach of the Alibre design productivity tools and to leverage its combined global channels to deliver complete 3D design-to-manufacturing products, tools and services. The Company expects this acquisition to be immediately accretive to its net income and contribute favorably to its long-term target-operating model.
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel