UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) and EEF, the manufacturers’ organisation, are to hold a "Manufacturing Growth through Export” event at Delcam’s Birmingham headquarters on Wednesday 13th July. The meeting is one in a series of three designed to help manufacturing companies, especially SMEs, to export to the BRIC markets and the USA. The others will be in Manchester on 12th July and in London on 14th July.
Each day will present experience relevant to all areas of manufacturing, with a focus on engineering, automotive and aerospace. They will provide a unique opportunity to hear from UKTI’s specialists and from businesses with hands-on experience in these markets.
Delegates will be able to learn about the scale of the opportunity in each country from the heads of the UKTI’s advanced engineering commercial teams based in Brazil, Russia, India, China and the USA. They will also be able to meet the UKTI specialists one-to-one to discuss their company’s prospects and to find out how the UKTI teams can help with practical tailored advice on developing business relationships in those markets.
In addition, attendees will hear directly from representatives of UK manufacturing and engineering companies doing business in those markets that have grasped the opportunity and overcome the challenges – and ask them questions.
Details will also be given on the range of assistance available from UKTI and EEF in each region to help companies take the next step towards realising their exporting potential. Key areas, such as project finance, international business law and IP protection, will be covered by expert speakers, with the opportunity for delegates to follow up areas of interest on the day during clinic sessions.
"We are again very happy to support UKTI by providing the venue for this event,” said Delcam Marketing Manager, Peter Dickin. "Staff from UKTI have given us significant help in building our international business, which now makes up around 85% of our turnover, so hosting this meeting will go a small way towards repaying them.”
"The recent Aerospace Meet the Buyer event that we hosted for UKTI appeared to be extremely successful and we are looking forward to another good attendance in July,” he added.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel