Tata Elxsi, a leading design company and part of the $70 billion Tata group, today announced the launch of 'connect D', on the occasion of 'World Industrial Design Day 2011 (WIDD)' on Wednesday, June 29, 2011.
'connect D' will be an annual event that endeavors to create a platform to engage with future designers. The event this year will focus on the global theme of 'Industrial Design: How does it improve your life'? It will be held at Tata Elxsi headquarters in Bangalore.
The event will provide a platform for design students to interact with industry experts and get a firsthand experience on the various opportunities and challenges faced by industrial designers. There is also an exclusive design contest arranged for the design students to participate and display their creativity and innovation in product design.
Tata Elxsi would also organize exclusive demos at the event which would enable the students to interact with the senior Tata Elxsi design team and help them understand the design nuances.
World Industrial Design Day is an international day of observance in recognition of the profession of industrial design. It is a new global initiative which aims to provide professional industrial designers and design enthusiasts with an opportunity to promote a global understanding of design and all that it encompasses.
First declared on June 29, 2007 on the occasion of ICSID's 50th anniversary, the international observance is an occasion to mark the development and evolution of industrial design throughout the course of its history, as well as accentuate industrial design's role in improving the economic, social, cultural and environmental quality of life around the world.
Jun 27, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining