Fast & Accurate Translations of Large Files Between CATIA & SolidWorks.
Magnuson Products, a Ventura, CA based company manufactures superchargers for car, truck, motorcycle OEMs and for the automotive aftermarket. The company has been manufacturing superchargers for over 40 years and its mission is to create the most powerful, durable, quiet and efficient supercharger system possible using the “hybrid-roots style” blower.
Magnuson uses the SolidWorks CAD system to design, analyze and manufacture its products. The company’s engineers need the ability to interface with different CAD systems used by the OEMs it supplies to. This collaboration is critical as superchargers are designed to work with the engines manufactured by the OEMS, and the CAD data is used to prototype and test the integration before manufacture.
One of Magnuson’s customer uses the CATIA CAD system, and routinely provides large data files in CATIA format to Magnuson. Magnuson uses CCE’s CAT5Works product to seamlessly exchange CAD files between SolidWorks and CATIA.
"It is very important for Magnuson to be able to exchange large amounts of data with our OEM who uses CATIA." said Dan Bronsten the engineering manager at Magnuson. "We typically receive CATIA files that average over 700MB in size. CCE’s CAT5Works is able to quickly read and translate large files into SolidWorks without any errors. Besides, CAT5Works is very easy to use as it is integrated within SolidWorks. " added Dan.
CAT5Works is a bi-directional SolidWorks/CATIA data translator, which allows file translation from within SolidWorks. The latest version of CAT5Works is compatible with SolidWorks 2009, 2010 & 2011 on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. CAT5Works enables design collaboration between CATIA V5 / CATIA V4 and SolidWorks systems. CAT5Works can import CATIA V5 Release 6 to 20 part (*.CATPart) / assembly (*.CATProduct) files to SolidWorks, and export SolidWorks files to CATIA V5 part (*.CATPart) / assembly (*.CATProduct) files.
CAT5Works supports batch translations for convenient handling of bulk data. It supports transfer of CATIA V5 FT&A entities (Flag note, Text, Geometric Tolerance and Roughness) into SolidWorks. CATIA data can be filtered by entities and layers before conversion into SolidWorks. CAT5Works also exports SolidWorks assemblies based on the Component Configurations.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments