Industry Veteran to Lead Global Engineering Organization.
SGI today announced that Praveen K. Mandal has joined the company as senior vice president of engineering. At SGI, Mr. Mandal will lead all engineering efforts related to the company's server, storage and software products, and become part of the company's executive management team.
"Praveen has a proven track record of leadership and innovation, and I am delighted that he is joining SGI to lead our global engineering organization," said SGI CEO Mark J. Barrenechea. "His strong technical background and broad experience align well with the technology-driven, customer-centric focus that defines the new SGI."
Prior to joining SGI, Mr. Mandal was president and founder of California-based Coulomb Technologies where he was responsible for all aspects of the company's business, including research and development, product management and technical support. While there, he grew the company to an organization of over 100 employees and to a leader in networked charging stations for electric vehicles. Prior to Coulomb, he served as vice president of Research and Development for Carrier Ethernet Solutions at Lucent Technologies. Before joining Lucent through an acquisition, he served as vice president of Engineering at Riverstone Networks Inc.
"SGI is a leader with a strong reputation for defining and addressing the technical computing challenges that businesses and entire industries are facing," said Mandal. "I look forward to contributing to the continuing success of the company as we develop solutions that will allow our customers to take technical computing to new levels."
Mr. Mandal holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering from Santa Clara University, and is a co-author of four patents.
Jun 3, 2011
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel