Leading aerospace and defense manufacturer will utilize Apriso to better standardize manufacturing operations for enhanced performance & efficiency.
Apriso, a leading provider of manufacturing software solutions, today announced Safran, the world’s oldest aircraft engine manufacturer and leading global aerospace and defense manufacturer, has made a decision to standardize on Apriso’s FlexNet as their enterprise platform for manufacturing operations management. Apriso will complement Safran’s existing platforms for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), adding a platform for global manufacturing operations as a three platform strategy for manufacturing excellence.
“Apriso’s FlexNet operations platform is an excellent choice for the production leg of a “Three platform” IT strategy. It provides tools to manage all manufacturing operations, including production, quality and logistics. It also provides for rolling out and supporting applications across multiple plants. Platform applications are built on a unified data model to simplify master data management, traceability and end-to-end business process continuous improvement,” explained Greg Gorbach, vice president collaborative manufacturing at ARC Advisory Group, in his paper entitled “Driving Manufacturing Performance with a Three-Platform Strategy,” published May 2010.
“As a global manufacturer with multiple business units, Safran required a robust software solution to manage their highly diverse manufacturing operations while ensuring best-in-class integration with existing ERP and PLM applications,” stated Yves Vergnolle, managing director EMEA at Apriso. “The unique capabilities of Apriso’s FlexNet, as a platform-based solution, is an ideal match to support Safran’s ambitious manufacturing improvement initiatives within the accelerated timeframe for deployment that is required.”
Jun 26, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel