Hyderabad – Mahindra Satyam has announced that Saab AB, further to its intent expressed at Aero India Feb 2011, has entered into an agreement to establish Saab India Technology Center (SITC). This decision strengthens the already strategic relationship between Saab and the Mahindra Group.
The aim is to increase development in India in terms of identified concrete programs and technologies to SITC. The center will provide a secure platform to facilitate development of Aerospace & Defence projects in India, supporting the establishment Saab is pursuing. India presents a huge opportunity for Saab across their business areas Aeronautics, Dynamics, Electronic Defense Systems and Security and Defence Solutions.
This 300-seater dedicated center would be established at one of the Mahindra sites and will be an extended arm of Saab working on New Product Development and Product Sustenance Engineering. While supporting the internal operational excellence and optimization initiatives within Saab, this center will also support offset obligations for all Saab products and services in India.
Engineering services is a one-of-the key focus and growth areas within Mahindra Satyam, which currently runs some of the largest dedicated R&D centers for global majors across industry segments including Aerospace. Mahindra Satyam has the right operational expertise and technical maturity to ensure this center delivers the set organizational targets.
Saab’s experience and technological prowess providing services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security combined with Mahindra Satyam’s proven Global Engineering practice would result in a highly efficient and technically mature development environment in India that can successfully address opportunities arising in these domains from emerging markets.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Jun 27, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel