MSC Software Corporation today announced that Polestar Racing, founded in collaboration with Volvo Car Corporation to focus on development and competition in racing, is using MSC Adams which contributed to their winning series in the Swedish Touring Car Championships (STCC) and Scandinavian Cup.
In 2010 Polestar Racing won the STCC Manufacturer Championships with a Volvo C30 and also won the Scandinavian Cup, Drivers Championship (Robert Dahlgren) and finished 2nd at the STCC, Drivers Championship (Robert Dahlgren). In 2009 Polestar Racing won the STCC Manufacturer Championships with a Volvo C30 and won STCC Driver Championships (Tommy Rustad).
"To be able to win a race, you must understand the car," says Per Blomberg, Manager Chassis Development, at Polestar Racing. "MSC Adams is supporting our success, because we can test and simulate the car for every individual track of the cups with different theories."
Another advantage which MSC Adams brings is cost and time reduction. "Training time on track is very limited. By simulating test races on individual tracks, MSC Adams also helps us save a significant amount of time and money," explains Mr. Blomberg.
In order to improve knowledge of the car, it is necessary to go to extremes. Mr. Blomberg declares: "We also made good progress in testing extreme situations with MSC Adams like weather conditions or unreal physical situations. MSC Adams provides an isolated environment, which allows us to analyze and conclude the test results easily."
In 2011 Polestar Racing is attending STCC and World Touring Car Championships (WTCC).
Christian Dahl, Team Manager for Polestar Racing, gives a demanding outlook for the current season: "We have won four out of five possible titles the last two seasons, so we are very confident. During the winter, we virtually designed a completely new chassis and we have two multiple champions behind the wheel. There will be no excuses this year."
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012