The first workshop in the 2011 programme of events to standardise PLM best practice was held on 24-25 May in in Gothenburg, Sweden and generated the core framework for an international standard for PLM governance.
The participants in Sweden went far beyond the basics of PLM metrics and ROI to show that there is a standard methodology for integrating board-level and operational PLM that can be applied independently of industry or geography.
This simple, lightweight standard gives the CEO and VPs clear visibility of the business and technical issues faced by the PLM Team, together with an ongoing reporting mechanism to show progress. It also provides the PLM Team with an effective and non-contentious way of presenting PLM problems and opportunities to the board which would otherwise be seen as outside the PLM remit, or of too much technical detail.
The 'PLM Governance' standard is one of several that will be carried forward to the next workshop in Munich, Germany on 07-08 June. The events are part of a global series that will include follow-on workshops in the UK and the USA. The aim is to have an open and constructive debate about standardisation within PLM, and to generate an international body of collaboration and new knowledge.
More information about the PLM Governance Standard and the future events in Europe and North America can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012