CD-adapco has congratulated the Panther Racing Team and JR Hildebrand on their second place finish in the Greatest Spectacle in Racing - the Indianapolis 500. Panther Racing uses CD-adapco's STAR-CCM+ engineering simulation software to optimize the aerodynamic performance and thermal durability of its IndyCar to gain a competitive advantage. Given that Hildebrand was also the fastest rookie in the field - it would appear that the engineers at Panther Racing have capitalized on this advantage.
The Panther Racing National Guard IndyCar, piloted by 23-year-old rookie JR Hildebrand, was denied victory in perhaps the most dramatic finale in the 100 year history of the world's famous motor-race. Retaking the lead late in the race, Hildebrand needed to round the final turn and negotiate traffic to secure his place in racing history. Unfortunately, Hildebrand's tires lost traction on "marbles", lumps of discarded tire rubber, losing traction, causing him to crash into the wall of Turn 4 and yield victory to Dan Wheldon. Despite the damage, Hildebrand was able to hang on for another second place finish for Panther Racing making this 4 in a row.
"The disappointment of not winning the race isn't for me personally, but more for my team, Panther Racing and for everybody in the National Guard," Hildebrand said. "These guys did an unbelievable job putting us in a position to win the Indianapolis 500 and I don't think you can say enough about our performance here this month."
CD-adapco's Senior VP, Bill Clark, was impressed by Hildebrand's performance on the track but more so by Hildebrand's attitude immediately following the race: "Our company's success is heavily dependent on team work and each employee's desire and commitment to pursue excellence. The poise and humility that Hildebrand exhibited in the moments after the race are a credit to his character and demonstrate his reliance on and respect for his Panther Racing teammates. CD-adapco is proud to have played a small part in this inspirational story. We are confident that Panther Racing will return to the victory lane soon."
Jun 7, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel