The CAM company OPEN MIND continues on course for growth. The company from the ‘Mensch und Maschine’ Group (MuM) can look back on a positive 2010, which saw not only sales and employee numbers increase but also the company’s global presence. Management has also identified bright prospects for continued success in 2011. The company recorded sales amounting to EUR 10.3 million in the first quarter of 2011, which represents an increase of 9.2 per cent on the same period last year.
According to the ‘NC Software and Services Market Assessment Report’ by CIMdata, OPEN MIND was the only leading CAM software company to continue to grow in the crisis year of 2009. The company’s sales grew even further in 2010. Direct sales for 2010 were increased to EUR 27 million, which represents a growth of approximately 20 per cent relative to 2009. Its presence in regional markets was also further expanded. The company currently employs 180 people and now has 13 subsidiaries all over the world, including the newly founded branches in Sweden and Spain.
“The figures prove that we are on the right track,” explains Volker Nesenhöner, CEO of OPEN MIND Technologies AG. “I am proud of our qualified and highly motivated employees. Together, we succeeded in inspiring users of NC machines in a wide variety of sectors to opt for our CAM software solutions thanks to our innovative technologies.”
Dipl-Ing. Volker Nesenhöner is the new CEO as of February 2011. Dr Josef Koch was appointed to the Executive Board as the Executive Director of Technology. Markus Pech will remain the CFO and will continue to represent the MuM Group. The Executive Board has named a direct sales target of EUR 30 million and believes the company is on track to meet this target, having generated EUR 10.3 million in the first quarter of 2011.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio