xPC Target Turnkey Systems Now Offer FPGA Programming Capability.
MathWorks today announced the availability of xPC Target 5.0, which provides support for FPGAs, extending the rapid prototyping workflow for Model-Based Design. Now engineers can leverage automatically generated HDL to program FPGA boards from Simulink models for execution on xPC Target Turnkey systems. As a result, they can prototype and validate their Simulink designs in a high-performance, real-time target system and speed up their development cycle.
With xPC Target, computationally intensive algorithms can now run on FPGA boards that provide speed and flexibility. Control systems engineers can program FPGA boards for xPC Target Turnkey systems using code generated by Simulink HDL Coder, accelerating designs to meet higher performance requirements. The new capability offers the ability to reconfigure digital input/output (I/O) modules and to implement high speed algorithms for controls or signal processing within real-time testing and prototyping environments.
In addition to FPGA support, other key new product features include:
Task-level profiling of execution times to help with load balancing
Support for cameras based on the Camera Link interface standard
Image acquisition from USB webcams
Ability to send and receive UDP packets in real time
Pricing and Availability
xPC Target is available immediately. U.S. list prices start at $4,000. For further information on the product and xPC Target Turnkey systems, visit the product Web site at mathworks.com/products/xpctarget.
Jun 26, 2011
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- TurboViewer Pro Turns v2.0
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012