Sheffield-based MachineWorks Ltd, leading provider of CNC simulation and verification component software is launching Polygonica, a polygonal solid modeling toolkit, at CAD’11 in Taipei this June 27-30.
Polygonica is a software toolkit for carrying out a wide range of geometrical operations on 3D polygonal solid geometry and 2D profile geometry.
The toolkit is new but the code has been at the core of MachineWorks software toolkit for machining simulation and has been continuously improved over 16 years.
The algorithms inside Polygonica have had heavy industrial use and have been extensively tried and tested. They are required to be robust and to offer outstanding performance. Polygonica’s extremely complex algorithms have been wrapped to make them easy to use.
Typical uses of Polygonica are within industries such as CAD/CAM/CAE, reverse engineering, rapid prototyping, 3D printing, 3D movies and gaming, geo-exploring, urban modeling and other 3D digital applications.
Polygonica’s capabilities include:
Automatic solid healing
Slicing and other geometric operations
MachineWorks wants to share its wide experience of providing APIs to solve complex polygonal solid modeling problems in a diverse number of industries facing common challenges when handling defective models and vast numbers of polygons.
“CAD'11 is delighted to be chosen as the event for MachineWorks to introduce their new solid modeling toolkit, Polygonica. MachineWorks is supporting the CAD conference to help bringing university academics and industry closer together,” says Allan Spence, CAD'11 General Chair.
If you want more information about Polygonica please contact MachineWorks.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012