Infolytica Corporation announced today the latest release of ElecNet and ThermNet are now available. The two finite element analysis software packages can now be linked together for coupled simulations, expanding the capabilities of the company's design solutions. A new adiabatic feature has also been added to ThermNet.
ElecNet and ThermNet now offer the same seamless and easy coupling that is already available with MagNet and ThermNet. Performing a coupled analysis determines the non-linear steady state temperature distribution due to electric heat sources for both static and time-varying thermal simulations. The coupling works with the transient, current flow and time-harmonic electric field solvers in ElecNet.
The new adiabatic feature available in ThermNet can be used for both coupled MagNet and ElecNet simulations. The adiabatic feature models sudden and rapid heating, such as the process that takes place when lightning strikes.
"We've added important coupling options for both existing ElecNet users and future ones who require thermal aspects to get a complete picture" said Chad Ghalamzan, Marketing Manager at Infolytica.
The combinations of the new features allow for devices such as surge arrestors, cables, transmission lines or other phenomena such as dielectric heating to be accurately simulated. To demonstrate the accuracy and types of results that can be obtained from these new additions, the company has released a detailed example simulating a surge arrestor being struck by lightning.
Infolytica will be holding a free web seminar on June 15, 2011 to demonstrate the newest features available in ElecNet and ThermNet. To register, visit the Coupling ElecNet and ThermNet registration page.
Pricing and Availability
MagNet, ElecNet and ThermNet v7.2 are now available for PC's running Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and 7. For information regarding pricing or to request an evaluation, please contact an Infolytica Corporation representative nearest you.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers