The IntelliCAD Technology Consortium (ITC) today announced the much anticipated release of IntelliCAD 7.
IntelliCAD 7 represents the culmination of a fundamental overhaul of the entire IntelliCAD code base undertaken by the ITC and its member companies. It incorporates a complete, new architecture based on and synchronized with the development platform from the Open Design Alliance, another member-driven, nonprofit organization of over 1,000 software developers in 40 countries.
IntelliCAD 7 is a 2D and 3D computer-aided-design (CAD) platform for software companies designing and distributing products for engineers, architects, designers, and drafters. In addition to CAD commands and features that users are accustomed to, IntelliCAD provides compatibility with Autodesk® DWG™ format and also exposes a powerful development environment with new support for custom objects. The IntelliCAD platform is an open alternative to closed, single vendor controlled CAD platforms, and is designed to offer the best combination of performance, security, and value to both member companies and their customers.
Dave Lorenzo, ITC Development Director, stated, “It's exciting to achieve this major milestone, our members and developers are looking forward to leveraging our new platform to advance development.” Mr. Lorenzo added, “The significance of the IntelliCAD 7 release is in its long-awaited delivery, but equally important is its indication about the ITC as an organization. Built on a foundation of member companies committed to an open CAD platform, the ITC is positioned for the long-term success of its members, their solutions, and their end users.”
Interested IntelliCAD users can contact ITC members to receive details about availability of IntelliCAD 7 software.
Companies interested in more details about IntelliCAD 7 and membership in the ITC should contact the ITC directly.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers