iBASEt, a leading provider of operations execution and quality management software for discrete, complex manufacturers, is bringing to market a new “Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Execution” platform through an integration with PTC’s PLM suite. iBASEt recently moved to PTC’s PartnerAdvantage Gold Tier, enabling the companies to work closer together and further integrate the capabilities of PTC’s Creo™ and Windchill® solutions with iBASEt’s Solumina® software suite. Solumina encompasses supplier quality management, manufacturing execution system (MES), and maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) functionality.
The new enterprise reality for manufacturers of complex products including aircraft, space, defense, industrial electronics, and medical devices requires intimate collaboration with strategic suppliers throughout the product lifecycle from product design to retirement.
“The integration of Solumina and Windchill is designed to provide a comprehensive solution for regulatory compliance that helps to assure process adherence to engineering specifications across the extended enterprise,” stated Andy Barlow, PTC’s Senior Director of Business Development. “The partner program promotes solutions that fill gaps in critical business processes. Our customers want to close the loop and integrate shop floor and supply chain execution into the overall change management processes. iBASEt has demonstrated expertise with this type of functionality in operations execution in complex discrete industries.”
The integrated solution simplifies the enterprise systems landscape required to efficiently comply with the process management requirements dictated by industry standards like ISO9001, AS9100, TS16949, and ISO13485 — regulatory requirements that span the complete product lifecycle from requirements to design, manufacturing, service, and retirement.
“Our customers have been integrating engineering and execution systems to accelerate new products and upgrades to market while maintaining high product quality and complete as-built, as-maintained history,” commented Conrad Leiva, iBASEt’s VP Product Marketing and Alliances. “The workflow and change control capabilities in Windchill and Solumina are an excellent match and deliver the cross-function business processes needed to streamline change management and close the loop for continuous process improvement.”
The Solumina to PTC Windchill integration package will be previewed at PlanetPTC Live. iBASEt will also be exhibiting (#424) and hosting a session at the event entitled “PLM Execution for the Extended Enterprise” on June 14 at 5:00-5:45pm.
Jun 13, 2011
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining