Geomagic® and Nikon Metrology today announced a new cooperative agreement that enables Nikon Metrology to fully integrate and offer its entire range of handheld 3D laser scanners with Geomagic Studio®, Geomagic Qualify™, and Geomagic Wrap®.
This partnership enables customers to seamlessly collect scan data directly from Nikon scanners into Geomagic Studio software for processing 3D polygon, surface and parametric models for reverse engineering, product design, rapid prototyping and analysis. Similarly, scan data is immediately passed to Geomagic Qualify to graphically and rapidly compare as-built parts with digital reference models for first-article inspection, production inspection and supplier quality management.
As a plug-in to Geomagic, the Nikon Metrology API manages point cloud acquisition by controlling all interaction between the new generation digital ModelMaker laser scanners and handheld localizer of choice. Highly accurate and reliable, it delivers control tools for the laser scanner, including scanner parameter modification or running of qualification routines. The resulting point cloud data is fed directly into Geomagic in real time, ready for processing into usable 3D data and models.
"This integration of Nikon Metrology data with Geomagic software products aligns with our belief that obtaining and using 3D data should be as easy and simple as possible," said Tom Kurke, COO, Geomagic. "As part of our continuous efforts to integrate leading handheld point cloud digitizers, we see it as a big step forward that ModelMaker scanners can be interfaced with and directly controlled from within Geomagic."
Jos Jans, Nikon Metrology Executive VP Marketing, adds that Geomagic software users now have direct access to the best digital laser scanning technology, offering high accuracy, fast data capture and automatic laser intensity adaptation to scan nearly all surfaces. "The plug-in offers design and manufacturing engineers fast-lane access to first-class laser scanners, while enjoying the convenience of the point cloud software environment they know inside out."
Jun 9, 2011
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel