Teamcenter and NX Software to Help Frers Enhance Efficiency and Design Flexibility.
Siemens PLM Software announced Frers Naval Architecture & Engineering (Frers) selected its NX™ software and Teamcenter® software for the design and development of its internationally renowned, exclusive yachts and sailboats.
Frers selected Siemens PLM Software technology following a detailed evaluation of several competing solutions. Frers will use NX, a leading comprehensive digital product development solution; and Teamcenter, the world’s most widely used digital lifecycle management system, to reduce product design and development cycle times and improve collaboration among different work teams by making product and process knowledge more accessible and reusable.
“After a thorough analysis of our design cycle, we noticed a 15 to 20 percent efficiency loss due to 2D and 3D software incompatibility,” said Germán Frers, managing director, Frers Naval Architecture & Engineering. “Siemens PLM Software’s NX seamlessly integrates 2D and 3D designs, which resolves the efficiency loss while enhancing design flexibility. This increased productivity combined with the collaboration capability of Teamcenter will allow us to better interact with shipyards, interior designers, and other suppliers in real time, providing added value.”
“Frers’ decision to use NX and Teamcenter enhances Siemens PLM Software’s strong presence in Argentina,” said Leonardo Wilinski, Country Manager, Siemens PLM Software, Spanish South America. “We are proud that our PLM solutions are helping leading customers, like Frers, improve business productivity and increase collaboration and efficiency.”
X-Plan, an Argentinean reseller of Siemens PLM Software, will provide implementation and technical support on this project.
NX is a leading solution for fully integrated computer-aided design (CAD), manufacturing (CAM) and engineering analysis (CAE), and is used throughout the world in the development of highly sophisticated products.
Teamcenter promotes innovation and productivity by connecting people and processes through a single source for product and process knowledge. The extensive portfolio of proven digital lifecycle management solutions in Teamcenter is based on an open architecture enabling an end-to-end PLM strategy.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers