IMSI®/Design, the developer of TurboCAD®, the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, today announced the debut of TurboViewer™, a free app that -- for the first time -- allows fast viewing of native 3D DWG™ files on iPad™.
"We believe iPad is going to drive as much innovation in the CAD space as the original PC did back in the 1980's," stated Royal Farros, chairman and CEO of IMSI/Design. "Because of the amazing portability, battery life, and Multi-Touch display of iPad, an architect, designer, or engineer can spend all day viewing even the largest 3D plans right on-site... even view plans while walking around a building site. That simply can't be done with existing PC technology."
Free TurboViewer features include:
Fast native 2D and 3D .DWG (Autodesk® AutoCAD® and AutoCAD LT®) and .DXF viewing
Unique time-savers: Able to navigate full-screen preview during file load; Cancel errant file load
Smooth Multi-Touch navigation while panning, zooming, and orbiting
Restore saved AutoCAD views to quickly display the best vision of your design
Supports AutoCAD linetypes to maintain visual fidelity as intended
Autosense 2D or 3D drawings to automatically set appropriate gesture navigation of a drawing or model
Doesn't require Internet connection for remote field work
"We built TurboViewer from the ground up for iPad... but what we've found is TurboViewer may be the fastest 2D and 3D drawing viewer on any platform," added Farros.
TurboViewer is the first in a series of next generation apps designed specifically for the AEC market. Please stay tuned for upcoming announcements.
Availability and Pricing
TurboViewer App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.iTunes.com/AppStore.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel