Dimensional Control Systems, Inc. (DCS), provider of dimensional engineering software solutions and consulting services, announced today that Brazilian-based aircraft manufacturer Embraer has expanded its use of 3DCS as a strategic solution for tolerance simulation modeling of its airplanes.
Embraer has been using DCS’s tolerance simulation software since 2002. In that time they have realized substantial cost savings from using 3DCS and improve final product quality. As one of the world's main aircraft manufacturers and the market leader for commercial jets with up to 120 seats, Embraer’s commitment to excellence is evidenced by its recent expansion of tolerance simulation modeling within its Dimensional Engineering Team. The 3DCS Catia V5-based software now supports all four of its sites in Brazil, including its global headquarters. This expansion is a direct result of the growth of the dimensional engineering methodology at Embraer.
“Because we design and produce aircrafts, tolerance analysis is critical,” noted Embraer Dimensional Engineering Team Leader Luiz H. Marques. ”The 3DCS product helps us easily support new design, manufacturing and product requirements and examine the cost-benefit value of different requirements or changes. We can easily calculate the effect of tolerance chains and then negotiate the changes with internal product design (IPD) teams, optimizing value, cost, quality, and speed to market for Embraer and our customers.”
"The partnership between Embraer and DCS began nearly a decade ago and has continued to flourish,” said DCS President and CEO Robert Kaphengst. “We are pleased that Embraer’s use of dimensional engineering processes has grown over time and that the company’s use of 3DCS has grown along with that.”
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel