Delcam has announced that its FeatureCAM range of feature-based CAM software products has been certified by the Autodesk Inventor Certified Application Program for Autodesk Inventor 2012 mechanical design and engineering software. A demonstration showing how the two programs work together can be seen on Delcam TV at www.delcam.tv/inventor2012.
This program certifies that FeatureCAM software applications have been tested by Autodesk engineers to ensure that they meet the highest standards set for robustness, quality and interoperability with the latest version of Inventor, the industry’s leading Digital Prototyping software that enables engineers to design, visualise and simulate products before they are built.
"Our relationship with Autodesk is very strong and offers a huge benefit to our customers, who can open Inventor parts seamlessly in FeatureCAM, with no loss of data or concerns about translation errors,” added Tom McCollough, Vice President of Development for FeatureCAM. "The certification program gives our customers the confidence of knowing that FeatureCAM has been rigorously tested by Autodesk and found to perform to the highest standards.”
The FeatureCAM family offers a comprehensive range of programs for milling, turning, wire EDM and mill-turn, all with the same easy-to-use interface style to minimise training times. The software incorporates a unique combination of feature-based and knowledge-based functionality that makes programming faster and easier than any other CAM system.
The same combination of functionality means that FeatureCAM can update the toolpaths rapidly following any change to the design in Inventor. The software analyses the model to identify any changes and then automatically updates the toolpaths in any affected areas.
FeatureCAM incorporates Delcam’s industry-leading machining algorithms. These are continuously developed by Delcam’s development team, the largest in the CAM industry, and are used by more than 35,000 organisations worldwide.
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers