Delcam is to support Dormer Tools at the "Challenge Dormer” event to be held on 5th and 6th July at the tooling manufacturer’s headquarters on the Advanced Manufacturing Park in South Yorkshire. Other Dormer partners supporting the event include Heller Machine Tools, Kelch, System3R and Hexagon Metrology. In addition, Sandvik Coromant will offer all attendees free entry to a prize draw to win an iPod Touch, with preloaded Coromant and Dormer Apps.
The "Challenge Dormer” campaign aims to help businesses save significant amounts of money and time by offering cost-effective machining solutions. Over the two days, Dormer is inviting engineering and manufacturing firms across the country to put its tooling to the test so that it can demonstrate the potential benefits.
Visitors will be able to view demonstrations of the machining capabilities at Dormer’s productivity centre, including the recently installed 5-axis FT 4000 from Heller.
"The two open days will provide a perfect opportunity for people from across the country to view our new-look productivity centre,” said John O’Donoghue, general manager at Dormer Tools. "Visitors will be able to witness the capabilities of our latest cuttings tools.”
At the event, Delcam will demonstrate the contributions to increased productivity that can be made by its PowerMILL CAM system for high-speed and five-axis machining, and the FeatureCAM feature-based programming software.
The 2011 version of PowerMILL makes the programming of fast but safe toolpaths easier than ever thanks to new stock-model-engagement options that protect both the cutting tool and the machine from excessive loading. Other enhancements include new editing capabilities to simplify the machining of duplicate items; more versatile control of feed-rates for leads and links; and extra functionality for sketching.
The latest release of FeatureCAM incorporates support for 64-bit computers, improved data exchange from a wider range of design software, the ability to use stock models and new strategies across the complete program, from turning to five-axis machining. The program also features a more modern interface to make programming easier than ever.
For an invitation to the "Challenge Dormer” event, call 0870 850 4466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel