Delcam was this week presented with its latest Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the International Trade category by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of West Midlands, Paul Sabapathy CBE. This was the company’s third Queen’s Award in this category, and its sixth Award in total having also won three Awards in the Innovation category.
The presentation was made during the company’s Technical Sales Partner Meeting which took place over the week. More than 90 delegates from over 40 countries attended the Meeting so it provided an appropriate occasion for recognition of the company’s increasing international success.
The Queen’s Awards are the UK’s most coveted commercial awards, with only a small percentage of those who enter each year measuring up to the demanding standards required to win an Award. Delcam is obviously extremely proud of its exceptional achievement in receiving its sixth Award in total and its second Award in consecutive years.
The latest Award has been granted in recognition of Delcam’s consistent growth in its international sales over the six years from 2005 to 2010. The company saw its exports increase to almost £30 million annually over the period. It achieved record sales in 2010, and is currently on track for a further increase this year.
The growth in sales has been matched by a rapid increase in Delcam’s international customer base. During last year, the company announced its 35,000th customer, Southern Spars, a New Zealand-based manufacturer specialising in the design and construction of spars and rigging for high-performance yachts.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation