Delcam has launched a new web site for its PowerMILL CAM system for high-speed and five-axis machining – www.powermill.com. The site details the many benefits that have prompted more than 30,000 users to select PowerMILL for their programming needs. It includes video testimonials from some of these customers, including users from the toolmaking, aerospace and motorsport industries.
The new site features a modern, easy-to-navigate interface to allow visitors to find information relevant to their industry and machining application. The new style will be the basis for similar new web sites for Delcam’s other manufacturing software due to be introduced in the coming months.
The PowerMILL site includes links to Delcam’s international reseller network so that visitors can contact their local representative for further information or to request an evaluation copy. It is currently available only in English but translated sites are being prepared by Delcam’s many subsidiaries in Europe and Asia.
There are also links to many of Delcam’s technology partners, including machine tool builders, robot manufacturers and cutting tool suppliers. Videos from recent exhibitions can be viewed where these companies have used Delcam software to program their demonstrations.
Visitors to the site can also obtain details on the latest version of the software, PowerMILL 2011. This release takes full advantage of all the recent hardware developments to give exceptionally fast calculation times. It incorporates support for 64-bit computers, so allowing more efficient toolpath generation, especially for companies machining large or complex parts. It also offers background processing, with multi-threading technologies applied to both the foreground and background calculations simultaneously. This unique combination of these two developments is estimated to reduce calculation times by up to 25%.
The 2011 release of PowerMILL makes the programming of fast yet safe toolpaths easier than ever thanks to new stock-model-engagement options that protect both the cutting tool and the machine from excessive loading. Other enhancements include new editing capabilities to simplify the machining of duplicate items; more versatile control of feed-rates for leads and links; and extra functionality for sketching, plus the completion of the move to the new clearer forms for the complete range of strategies.
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel