Delcam North America celebrated the continued recovery in North American manufacturing at its latest Technical Sales Partner Meeting held in Salt Lake City earlier this month. Sales of the company’s CADCAM software in North America for the first five months of the year are up by over 25% on the same period of 2010, a reflection of the increased investment in manufacturing according to Delcam North America President, Glenn McMinn.
"Machine tool sales have grown strongly over the last year,” claimed Mr. McMinn. "This trend has always been followed by an increase in sales of CAM software as companies find that their existing CAM system cannot cope with new equipment that is more powerful and more sophisticated.”
"Delcam offers the broadest range of CAM software of any supplier, so we can supply dedicated systems for all types of machine tool,” he added. "In addition, we have the largest development team in the industry so we can keep abreast of developments in machine tool and cutting tool technology. In fact, our close relationships with the leading machine tool suppliers mean that we can often anticipate their developments, for example, by preparing post-processors for new equipment before it is delivered to customers.”
As well as having the largest development team, Delcam is renowned internationally for providing the highest-quality support from its network of subsidiaries and resellers. The Technical Sales Partner Meeting is an important part of this aspect of the company’s business. It provides high level training to the many engineers across North America that support Delcam’s 10,000 plus customers in the region.
The meeting also provides a first introduction for the engineers to new versions of the software that are due to be released later this year. "The reaction to the new releases has been extremely positive,” said Mr. McMinn. "We are confident that they will help us to be even more successful in the remainder of this year.”
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel