First to provide a comprehensive platform to build and deploy 3D, PLM and solutions experiences with greater flexibility and efficiency.
Dassault Systèmes has announced its new online Version 6 platform, open for the developer community, its new store, and its first online cloud business services. Dassault Systèmes also announces its strategic investment in Outscale, a start-up providing next generation SaaS (software as a service) operator services.
Version 6 platform
3DS provides the Version 6 open platform to run lifelike experiences, reveal smart information, enable social innovation, imagine with 3D, and structure companies’ assets and operations to execute to perfection. The 3DS experience platform is powered by Version 6 technology, the foundation for all 3DS brands (CATIA, SolidWorks, SIMULIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, 3DVIA, Exalead, 3DSWYM).
The Version 6 open platform delivers simple mechanisms to configure on-the-fly, extend with mash up capabilities, and develop new applications and experiences. 3DS will also provide the large community of developers with a complete online environment to develop, deliver, monetize and run lifelike experience solutions.
3DS announces its 3DStore online (swym.3ds.com/#3DStore) for lifelike experiences and applications. The 3DStore will premier several cloud-based 3D and PLM business services:
• 3DSWYM, its new social innovation solution ,
• n!fuze - for SolidWorks customers- and n!volve -for CATIA Version 6 customers- both taking advantage of award winning ENOVIA Version 6 technology,
• Access to 3DS products including 3DVIA or Draftsight,
• Access to experiences and applications from partners and customers.
With Version 6 cloud-based solutions, users can get what they need, when they need it. Offered as a flexible subscription model, without upfront investments in additional infrastructure, long-term volume commitments or administrative burden, Version 6 Online solutions are designed to adapt to the needs of organizations or projects of any scale.
Dominique Florack, senior executive vice president, Products, Research and Development, Dassault Systèmes, commented: “I am very pleased to introduce our first cloud-based 3D and PLM collaborative services taking advantage of state of the art SaaS/IaaS for our customers. With the 3DS experience platform, every developer can now benefit from our online Version 6 open organic architecture.”
Dassault Systèmes announces its strategic investment in Outscale, a start-up providing next generation SaaS operator services. Dassault Systèmes will rely on Outscale services to manage its SaaS services based operations. With Outscale, Dassault Systèmes dedicates a highly specialized world class structure to ensure 24x7 service, and will leverage dynamic public cloud resources allocation to provide best availability of its online applications, globally. Adopting its own PLM core technology to manage multiple cloud physical locations provides a competitive advantage.
"By having Dassault Systèmes as a shareholder, we combine the support of a strong, international, industrial partner with the access to the latest software technologies. Our start-up now has the means to innovate in the deployment of the next IT revolution" said Laurent Seror, President, Outscale.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments