Introducing cloud-based applications for enterprise solutions and open Version 6 platform for application developers.
Dassault Systèmes and Amazon Web Services (AWS), an Amazon.com company, (NASDAQ: AMZN), the leader in elastic cloud infrastructure, are working together to enable companies of all sizes to get started quickly with 3DS Version 6 solutions on AWS. Today’s announcement answers the growing demand by organizations to leverage cloud technologies to deploy, maintain, and access 3D, PLM and solutions experiences in more flexible and efficient ways.
Dassault Systèmes provides a unique platform to run lifelike experiences, reveal smart information, enable social innovation, imagine with 3D and structure companies’ assets and operations to execute to excellence. 3DS experience platform is powered by Version 6 technologies, the foundation for all 3DS brands (CATIA, SolidWorks, SIMULIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, 3DVIA, Exalead, 3DSWYM). 3DS experience open platform delivers simple mechanisms to configure on-the-fly, extend with mash-up capabilities, and develop new applications and experiences.
Starting today, 3DS offers Version 6 solutions in 3DS experiences store (swym.3ds.com/#3DSstore) and on AWS to the global market, providing a preconfigured environment for companies to run 3D, PLM and lifelike experience. With Version 6 online solutions, users can get what they need, when they need it. Offered as a flexible subscription model, without upfront investments in additional infrastructure, long-term volume commitments or administrative burden, Version 6 online solutions are designed to adapt to the needs of organizations or projects of any scale.
Dassault Systèmes is leveraging multiple AWS services to power Version 6 platform, providing the following resources:
• High performance and highly available compute resources: Dassault Systèmes is utilizing the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) to provide discrete compute environments for each customer.
• Geographic reach: Dassault Systèmes leverages the AWS global footprint to provide the best experience for their customers, regardless of their physical location. By leveraging AWS’ Regions, Dassault Systèmes can ensure that data required to stay within a geographic boundary remains so.
• Storage of easy-to-access design content: Using Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS) and Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Dassault Systèmes can store volumes of design data without having to support an extensive array of legacy platforms. The combination of Amazon EBS and Amazon S3 allows customers to have immediate access to large storage volumes, coupled with the resiliency native to Amazon S3 for back-up purposes.
Dassault Systèmes will also provide their large community of developers with a complete online environment to deliver, monetize and run lifelike experiences leveraging AWS. In addition, Dassault Systèmes is working to take advantage of AWS High Performance Computing Solutions to drive the most complex lifelike experiences of 3D virtual universes, and the heaviest computational workloads, such as tightly coupled parallel processes found in such domains as CFD, structural and system-of-system simulations. Amazon HPC solutions are specifically designed to combine high compute performance with high performance network capability. The objective is to deliver to customers the same high compute & network performance that they get today from custom-built infrastructure, while benefiting from the elasticity & flexibility of the AWS cloud.
“Moving PLM to the cloud is a giant step in giving back our customers the freedom, the power and the agility that they have been longing for. Amazon Web Services made it possible thanks to the quality of its global, reliable, scalable and cost-effective cloud infrastructure,” said Bernard Charlès, President and CEO, Dassault Systèmes.
“Dassault Systèmes is a pioneer in 3D and PLM solutions. This new offering will enable our joint customers to more easily collaborate on complex, globally distributed, product designs and plans,” said Andy Jassy, Senior Vice President, Amazon Web Services. “We are extremely pleased to work with Dassault Systèmes to help them deliver innovative cloud based solutions to the market.”
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel