New In-Product Access to Download, Buy and Sell Apps and Content.
Autodesk, Inc announced that direct access to download and purchase companion apps is available in AutoCAD 2012.
AutoCAD software users can immediately browse, download and purchase more than 100 apps using the new Apps tab within AutoCAD. The companion apps help design professionals find and immediately download solutions to some of their most pressing design challenges.
“Providing direct, in-product access to AutoCAD companion apps connects innovative software developers with AutoCAD customers around the world,” said Jim Quanci, director of the Autodesk Developer Network. “In turn, AutoCAD software users now have a trusted marketplace with a wealth of solutions to help solve today’s most complex challenges.”
Simply put, AutoCAD companion apps extend the power and flexibility of AutoCAD with the help of numerous plug-ins, from productivity tools to translators, together with other content, such as blocks and learning tools. AutoCAD users will have the ability to discover a range of apps in a single location. Coins Translate, for example, is a free app that enables designers to quickly and easily translate text in a drawing into a variety of languages, using the Google Translate web service.
Autodesk customer, Summit Consulting Services, values industry plug-ins to enhance design productivity: “SoftDraft’s QuickNotes plug-in app is one of the most productive products we have purchased so far,” said Jack Turner, owner. “It eliminates wasted effort on repetitive tasks, saving time and money.”
The new Apps tab is featured as part of AutoCAD software’s in-product support feature, Autodesk Exchange, and helps software developers quickly upload AutoCAD companion apps, enabling users to more quickly download, purchase and install apps directly into AutoCAD 2012. Developers, users and visitors can also rate and review apps and content. Many of the companion apps are the creations of Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) members, but all developers using AutoCAD 2012 are welcome to submit apps or content for AutoCAD 2012. All applications and content submitted are reviewed through a quality-control process, providing users a secure and trustworthy experience.
Companion apps are now available through the English version of AutoCAD 2012. Apps and content can be downloaded for free, as a trial or for a fee. Fee-based apps can be purchased in 40 countries using the popular PayPal payment service.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting