CIMdata, the leading global Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) management consulting and research firm announces a new paper about a digital manufacturing solution that provides factory layout, workcell and line simulation, and analysis solutions that scales to the manufacturing planning needs of large as well as smaller enterprises.
“Visual Components for Factory Simulation” reviews the solution suite of Visual Components (www.visualcomponents.com) that allows companies to improve their methods of transforming their product designs into real products. The manufacturing process is complex and challenging to plan and simulate. Digital Manufacturing technologies and techniques allow companies to transform how they define their manufacturing processes by creating an environment in which manufacturing process definition occurs in collaboration and concurrently with product design activities. This fosters innovation in both products and in the manufacturing processes.
This paper describes a new solution suite from Visual Components and its role in providing a cost effective approach to Digital Manufacturing and benefits that can be realized through the deployment of Digital Manufacturing, such as improved efficiency in developing robot simulations. Current users were interviewed and their comments are also presented. According to John MacKrell, CIMdata Vice President, “Visual Components provides an extremely flexible and affordable factory planning and simulation capability that is scalable to a level not available from any other sources of which we are aware.”
“Visual Components for Factory Simulation” is available to be freely downloaded from CIMdata’s Publications web page.
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel