CIMdata, the leading global Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) management consulting and research firm announces a new paper about a digital manufacturing solution that provides factory layout, workcell and line simulation, and analysis solutions that scales to the manufacturing planning needs of large as well as smaller enterprises.
“Visual Components for Factory Simulation” reviews the solution suite of Visual Components (www.visualcomponents.com) that allows companies to improve their methods of transforming their product designs into real products. The manufacturing process is complex and challenging to plan and simulate. Digital Manufacturing technologies and techniques allow companies to transform how they define their manufacturing processes by creating an environment in which manufacturing process definition occurs in collaboration and concurrently with product design activities. This fosters innovation in both products and in the manufacturing processes.
This paper describes a new solution suite from Visual Components and its role in providing a cost effective approach to Digital Manufacturing and benefits that can be realized through the deployment of Digital Manufacturing, such as improved efficiency in developing robot simulations. Current users were interviewed and their comments are also presented. According to John MacKrell, CIMdata Vice President, “Visual Components provides an extremely flexible and affordable factory planning and simulation capability that is scalable to a level not available from any other sources of which we are aware.”
“Visual Components for Factory Simulation” is available to be freely downloaded from CIMdata’s Publications web page.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012