CGTech will demonstrate the enhanced Creo Parametric-to-VERICUT user interface at PlanetPTC Live in Las Vegas, June 12-15, 2011.
“The interface gives PTC Creo Parametric users an effective way to access advanced features in VERICUT from within the CAD/CAM environment,” said CGTech Product Marketing Manager Bill Hasenjaeger. “Users of VERICUT’s G-Code and Machine Simulation capabilities have an easy way to configure simulations for complex machines and machining processes.”
The interface launches VERICUT from within PTC’s Creo™ Parametric app and can be run interactively or in batch mode. Tool path motions for the selected operation or NC sequence; tool descriptions; and reference, workpiece and fixture models from the current manufacturing session are automatically transferred to VERICUT. The VERICUT session runs as an external process, enabling users to work in Creo Parametric while VERICUT verifies the NC program. The new enhanced interface will also add support for G-code processing, machine simulation, and multiple setups.
The new release of VERICUT, version 7.1, features significant enhancements to reduce the time required for manufacturing engineers to easily develop, analyze, inspect and document the CNC programming and machining process. Along with proactively adding new features, CGTech developers and engineers focused on addressing hundreds of customer-driven enhancements. Version 7.1 contains over 400 customer requests and further improvements to VERICUT's user interaction, simulation capabilities & analysis, cutting tool creation, and CAD/CAM integration.
One of the new features added, at the request of customers, is a 3D Reviewer. With the VERICUT Reviewer, 3D simulations can be shared with anyone in the company – without using a license. The Reviewer can play forward and backward while removing and replacing material. Error messages and NC program text is highlighted when a collision on the stock or fixture is selected. A tool path line display is optional. The user can rotate, pan and zoom just like normal VERICUT, and the cut stock can be measured using all the standard X-caliper tools. The Reviewer file can be saved at any point in a VERICUT session.
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Surfware Appoints David Holding Company as New VAR in Bulgaria & Romania
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel