CGTech will demonstrate the enhanced Creo Parametric-to-VERICUT user interface at PlanetPTC Live in Las Vegas, June 12-15, 2011.
“The interface gives PTC Creo Parametric users an effective way to access advanced features in VERICUT from within the CAD/CAM environment,” said CGTech Product Marketing Manager Bill Hasenjaeger. “Users of VERICUT’s G-Code and Machine Simulation capabilities have an easy way to configure simulations for complex machines and machining processes.”
The interface launches VERICUT from within PTC’s Creo™ Parametric app and can be run interactively or in batch mode. Tool path motions for the selected operation or NC sequence; tool descriptions; and reference, workpiece and fixture models from the current manufacturing session are automatically transferred to VERICUT. The VERICUT session runs as an external process, enabling users to work in Creo Parametric while VERICUT verifies the NC program. The new enhanced interface will also add support for G-code processing, machine simulation, and multiple setups.
The new release of VERICUT, version 7.1, features significant enhancements to reduce the time required for manufacturing engineers to easily develop, analyze, inspect and document the CNC programming and machining process. Along with proactively adding new features, CGTech developers and engineers focused on addressing hundreds of customer-driven enhancements. Version 7.1 contains over 400 customer requests and further improvements to VERICUT's user interaction, simulation capabilities & analysis, cutting tool creation, and CAD/CAM integration.
One of the new features added, at the request of customers, is a 3D Reviewer. With the VERICUT Reviewer, 3D simulations can be shared with anyone in the company – without using a license. The Reviewer can play forward and backward while removing and replacing material. Error messages and NC program text is highlighted when a collision on the stock or fixture is selected. A tool path line display is optional. The user can rotate, pan and zoom just like normal VERICUT, and the cut stock can be measured using all the standard X-caliper tools. The Reviewer file can be saved at any point in a VERICUT session.
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces Several New Job Openings
- LMS to release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Autodesk announces an open distribution network in India
- Transformer and AC Line Reactor FEA Design Software Delivers Radical New R&D Productivity for Electrical Manufacturers
- Gstarsoft Highlights New Dynamic Block Editor in GstarCAD 2012
- New Report Places Bentley's OpenPlant Products at the Forefront of Interoperability and Plant Creation