The Cloud based SaaS tool, BIMXchange v4.0, empowers users of the Autodesk® Revit platform, through innovative channels, to communicate with Building Product Manufacturers and their various distribution networks.
CADworks, a Chicago based MEP design and technology firm, today announced the fourth release of their Content Management Solution, BIMXchange. The BIMXchange is an intelligent, lightweight Web application which runs directly within Autodesk Revit. It utilizes Cloud technology to store, search, and deliver Revit content effortlessly into a project. Users are able to quickly select from over 30,000 pieces of Autodesk® Revit® content currently available in the CADworks content libraries. BIMXchange is a per-seat license SaaS solution that includes the entire collection of consistently updated content created by CADworks.
"Of the options out there for finding and managing content, BIMXchange provides reliability and efficienc for our everyday design and production purposes," stated Kyle Hansen, BIM Manager at Affiliated Engineering, Inc. in Madison, Wisconsin. "With the new release of BIMXchange the expectations for this technology have just been raised."
Enhancements for BIMXchange v4.0 to include; an entirely new user interface, a redesigned data structure for faster processing and searching, new search filtering tools, new library structures, the inclusion of additional building product manufacturers and content. Significantly, BIMXchange now provides a service for Revit users to have their proprietary content indexed and included as a branded library. All CADworks Revit models are created natively within Revit, which ensures consistency and compatibility, and all models exceed the Autodesk Seek Revit Model Style Guide Compliance standards.
"We could not be more excited - we have developed a new indexing structure, enabling database optimization to facilitate better performance and data management. This also gives us the opportunity to merge and interact with various types of databases and configurators," stated Chris Di Iorio, CEO and founder of CADworks. "BIMXchange v4.0 not only gives us the ability to continue to assist AE design professionals in their pursuit of BIM goals, but also brings us the opportunity to help the construction and facilities management industries with BIM as well."
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- EDS Technologies Signs MoU With Mar Baselios College Of Engineering
- Rapiscan Uses Autodesk Vault to Effectively Collaborate on Security Products
- Delcam's new web site for PartMaker CAM system for production machining
- SigmaNEST Delivers Results to Tampa Bay Steel
- GE Scientists Decorate the Christmas Tree With 3-D Printed Ornaments
- Delcam's ArtCAM speeds ice bar production
- InventorCAM 2012 makes its debut, reducing cycle times by up to 70% for Autodesk customers, with iMachining
- Delcam launches DentSCAN dental scanner
- Panso Solutions of India Joins the Aras Partner Program